wyolitmail
Friday, May 05, 2006
 

OWR 2006 ON THE STANDS: I participated in a reading with other contributors to the 2006 edition of Owen Wister Review on Thursday, May 4, on KOCA’s weekly radio show, “Speaking of Writing.” Our interviewer was Julianne Marie Couch, also a writer. OWR Editor (and 2006 grad) Joan Bolander started off the show with a reading of Gaydell Collier’s essay “Bringing Nellie Home.” Next came poet Ryan Perry, a UW senior, with “Tearing Photographs,” and then Jeniel Vereline with her poem “Connor Battlefield (Wyoming Place No. 45).” I brought up the rear with a reading of part of my short story “Call Me Robert.” I had to leave listeners hanging, as the story was longer than my time slot. You can read the rest, and work by all the other fine contributors, by picking up your OWR at the UW store and bookstores around Laramie. Night Heron Books, for example.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

Powered by Blogger