wyolitmail
Wednesday, January 17, 2007
 
Wanted: Big Horn Basin Artists

I’m traveling to three sites in the Big Horn Basin next week – Jan. 22-24 – for grants training sessions. Here’s a special invitation for you creative types to come out and see a demonstration of the Wyoming Arts Council’s new on-line granting system. It’s also an opportunity for me to talk with performers and visual artists, people I’ll be working with now that I’m supervising fellowships and IAPD grants in the performing arts and visual arts categories, along with my ongoing responsibilities in literature. I’d also like to hear your ideas on what kind of programs for individual artists you’d like to see at the WAC.

Here’s the Big Horn Basin schedule:

Cody, Northwest College Cody Center, Room CC2208, 1501 Stampede Ave., Monday, Jan. 22, 7-8:30 p.m. Contact: Nancy Gilmore, 587-3376
Thermopolis, Hot Springs County High School, 331 Park, Tuesday, Jan. 23, 4-6 p.m. Contact: Eric Kay, 864-6511
Worland, Worland Community Center, 1200 Culbertson Ave., Tuesday, Jan. 23, 7-9 p.m. Contact: Steve Hunt, 347-8616

Grants training sessions are for individual artists and representatives from schools, arts groups, and community organizations. No need for advance registration. Just show up and I’ll take it from there.

For more info, e-mail me or call 307-777-5234.

See you in The Basin. By the way, Billings Gazette reporter Ruffin Prevost in Cody writes a cool blog about happenings in the Big Horn Basin. Go to Basin Beat Blues.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

Powered by Blogger